Thursday, June 21, 2007

No surprise

I was just informed that the motion filed by Cristopher Emley is twofold. It seeks to lessen my time with my child AND to pay him 35k (The current custody leaves me 12 hours a week shy of 50-50).

Just as I had guessed in the last post. Gee, that wouldn't be "leverage" to get paid, would it? By that I mean leverage in a bid to show his "services" were of some use.

When this began 6 months ago, I offered 50-50 custody and said "yes" with no negotiation to the first number they put on the table for support. If they had agreed, we could have saved a total of more than 70k in legal fees and 6 months of nonsense. I would imagine that he needs to demonstrate that all of this was worthwhile, because up until now this gained his client only 12 hours a week above the original offer of 50-50. Money was never argued over, just custody. So he has clearly delivered very, very little for all the time, money and aggravation. And the punch line is, he wants me to pay for my legal fees and my wife's- yup 70k to end up essentially where I was willing to agree to, and all these expenses would have beeen avoided. THEY NEVER MADE A COUNTER OFFER.

I think he has delivered virtually nothing for his client up to this point. I think this latest move is about him "winning". I think it is a Hail Mary with 3 seconds left in the game. And I think it is deplorable.

Unbelievable? Unfortunately, no. Par, sadly.


More posts about | More blogs about Christopher Emley